Most of us aspire to make something of our lives, We go to school and simply listen to our teachers about what they believe is the best way for us to gain success. Most of the time they encourage us to graduate college, get a damn job for a big corporation and climb the corporate ladder and what more!
Well my friends, it’s 2014. It’s time you take life into your own hands. No need to listen to teachers who never made it, yet want to tell you how to become successful. Take lessons from those, both real and fictional, who have actually been successful in their respective fields.
A great mentor that we can all learn something from is ‘Suits’ man, Harvey Specter. Harvey is a respected lawyer, known as ‘the best closer in New York City.’ As one of the main characters and partners in the law firm, Harvey proved to us that with certain talents and an ability to think outside the box, you can achieve a lot of success.
Here are the some things that we can learn from Harvey Specter.
- Don’t wear skinny ties. EVER
- You can refuse to answer a question on the grounds that you don’t want to.
- Punch people you don’t like
- That’s the difference between you and me, you wanna lose small, I wanna win big
- Don’t have dreams, have goals
- never send a puppy to clean up its own mess
- Being a lawyer is like being a doctor, you keep pressing untill you find out where it hurts, then you know where to look.
- Winners never make excuses
- The bigger they are, the harder they fall
- To be the best you got to beat the best
Latest posts by Prakhyath Rai (see all)
- Book Review: The Final Year Project by Mehana Usha Rani - December 5, 2017
- Book Review: Strangers With Known Faces By Gautam Dutta - November 22, 2017
- Poetry Book Review: Prism Of Nature By Akshmala Sharma - November 21, 2017