GET OFF LIFE’S AUTOPILOT AND TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DESTINY…
Half of our lives we neglect heath to gain wealth and then spend wealth to gain health. Most of us do not even know our children’s friends. In the death bed, No one wants more money or materials, all that one wants is more time with their loved ones. You are young now, Try to have balance in life son and you will be automatically successful.
“A lot of people give up when they are just one step short of success…….Are you going to give up just because somebody else doesn’t have faith in your abilities; because somebody else does not want you to succeed? “
Author Manish kumar has written this brilliant book ‘Be your own pilot’.
“In this inspirational fiction, Manish Kumar talks about the unlimited power and potential lying dormant in every soul, waiting to be awakened. The moment we become aware of the power within, we stop being a victim of circumstances, get off the autopilot called fate and take control of our life.
‘Be your own Pilot’ is about the journey of a boy from a small town who realizes his dream of becoming a pilot, learns the lessons of life on the way and goes on to inspire others to follow their dreams. His Flying Instructor implants wisdom into the flying lessons and teaches him to take the flight of faith. The book shows the way – how, by aligning personal desires to the benefit for mankind, it is possible to lead a deeply rich and satisfying life.
Using flying as a metaphor, Manish Kumar has penned this extremely enjoyable story. Peppered with the author’s insights, this books is sure to touch and inspire you to break the shackles of self-limiting beliefs and to take off in life. ”
The story starts with a small town guy reaching to the cockpit and taking care of a plane- handling the joystick and with affirmation says “Yes, I have the controls”.
One of the key take away of this book are IVR (Idealize, Visualize and Realize).
Foe example, you want to build a good family.
- First you need to Idealize, Imagine the most ideal situation- understanding and lovely wife, healthy kids , a nice house and a good car.Feel you being happy. Idealize the happy outcome and how satisfied you will be after this happens.
- The second step is to visualize – Feel the things required to do this particular thing. Finding the right one, getting married, family planning. You can also create a vision board, put your gf pics, your ideal home pics.
- The third step is to realize- realize what you have visualized- but the important thing about IVR is you have to believe completely that you can do it.
The initial part of this book resembles like the movie ‘Whiplash’ where his mentor smacks his face- I highly recommend this movie- It has been my recent favorites.
The conversation between his lovers dad and the protagonist was something magical and definitely will stay in my mind where his Lovers dad says “My daughter is a strong headed girl and if you really want her, you will have to be at least good as me, if not better , both as an officer and as a gentleman, as a professional and as a human being” This could be the greatest tip for a happy relationship.
I liked how the author introduced the concept of Satori
If you freeze water to -273 degree Celsius , it will never get back to liquid form . Similarly there will be a moment in your life when you will be transformed forever. This happens in a moment and when it happens – it is Satori.
The author uses simple words to describe how to treat time as your most precious commodity- you can get back anything but not the lost time. Author further gives a good difference between a leader and a guru. The leader leads by example , he teaches ‘what to’ but a guru teaches ‘how to’.
This book is also filled with motivational poems and short stories.
Enjoyed Reading and Its a life changer- No Doubt.
Latest posts by Prakhyath Rai (see all)
- Book Review – Beyond What Meets The Eye By Sameera Kotta - November 6, 2018
- Book Review – The Lone Wolf at Cover by John Michell - November 6, 2018
- Book Review: Let’s Kidnap The President by Lalit Bhatt - October 23, 2018